LatinoJustice PRLDEF champions an equitable society. Using the power of the law together with education and advocacy, LatinoJustice PRLDEF protects opportunities for all Latinos to succeed in work and school, fulfill their dreams, and sustain their families and communities.
By litigating precedent-setting impact cases across the country and training young people to be leaders in their community, LatinoJustice PRLDEF has profoundly improved the way Latinos are treated in U.S. society, working to ensure that they have more opportunities for political, economic, social and educational equality.
The organization carries out its mission through impact litigation, legal advocacy, legal pipeline education, community engagement and leadership development programs. Our work today focuses on five primary pillars:
1. Immigrant Justice – Ensuring the civil and human rights of immigrants living and working in the Untied States, including DREAMers registered for DACA
2. Voting Rights – Defending the voting rights of Latino citizens and working with communities to ensure that redistricting processes are fair and equitable
3. Economic Justice – Protecting Latino workers from unlawful and exploitative practices
4. Criminal Justice Reform – Bringing Latino voices and concerns to the table on issues of criminal justice reform including mass incarceration, rights restoration and ban-the-box measures
5. CAP Leadership Institute – Strengthening the Latino legal pipeline through Legal Education and Leadership Development programs
99 Hudson Street
New York NY 10013
Website: LatinoJustice PRLDEF
Follow this goodcircle partner on Facebook